[Openais] status of code in bk?

Kristen Smith kjsmith at nortel.com
Wed Feb 9 16:41:32 PST 2005

Steve,

One thing I notice when running the latest bitkeeper code is that the time
it takes to notice that another node has failed has increased. If I start up
2 aisexecs (one on each node) and then ctrl-c one of them, the other takes a
few seconds to notice that the node went away. When we started using the
totem-ais code in Jan, I was impressed that the time to notice the failure
was decreased (almost instaneous) than it had been with the previous
openais, but now it seems like it is slower than with the previous openais
(before the totem changes).

Are there new configuration parms that I need to muck with to get the node
failure detection time down? (I did see your email a while back on
decreasing this time, I was just wondering if you had intended to make the
detection time greater in this new code).

Thanks,
Kristen