[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] kernel core dump and "dying breath"

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jun 21 23:59:52 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 08:25 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> I really like the idea that somebody posted of using QR codes. Easy to
> take a photo of, and easy enough to decipher.

It is something I and Dirk Hohndel have been messing with from time to
time.  Unfortunately it appears that most QR encoders and/or decoders
don't handle large data symbols very well, and a lot of them only handle
plain ASCII modes.  This isn't inherently a showstopper -- we really
only need one known reliable encoder and decoder.  Doing an encoder
isn't very hard, but doing a decoder that can accept photographs taken
under non-ideal conditions is harder.

	-hpa