[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernel stuff and grumpy maintainers

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Jun 18 17:12:24 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Despite being on the Program Committee, I figured it was only fair that
I too submit my name as someone who would like to attend the Kernel
Summit this year.

I'd like to discuss:
  - The stable and longterm kernel release process, is it going well for
    everyone?  Are there things we can do differently?  How can I kick
    maintainers who don't mark patches for stable backports in ways that
    do not harm them too much?  How can I convey decisions about the
    longterm kernel selection process in a better way so that it isn't
    surprising to people?

  - Maintainership issues.  As others have discussed, this can be a bit
    "contentious" at times.  At LinuxCon Japan a few weeks ago, I
    suggested a few things that as a maintainer I think will go a long
    ways in helping smooth this out, and I'd be glad to referee the
    session discussing this topic.

  - PCI hotplug issues, this has already been covered in a previous
    thread

thanks,

greg k-h