[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] memcg and general containers

Glauber Costa glommer at parallels.com
Mon Jun 18 09:06:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to attend this year's KS to discuss general container
technology, which I've been working on, mostly focused on the following
areas:

* cgroups controllers. How to make sure the impact of the controllers
are minimized for people not using them. I have already done this to
some degree with the to-be-merged kmem controller for memcg and I
believe I can both benefit for more input on how to push this further,
and help others with the same task.

* kmem tracking. After the slab tracking patches I am working on, other
resources are to follow. Stack tracking is already being proposed. I'd
like the opportunity to discuss the best way to move forward with this
in a logically unified manner.

* kmem memory shrinking (per-memcg). This is something I just very
recently started working at, and is likely to get hairy. I believe this
is also part of a broader discussion, regarding per-memcg memory shrinking.